A QR Code is a matrix code (or two-dimensional bar code) created by Japanese corporation Denso-Wave in 1994. The "QR" is derived from "Quick Response", as the creator intended the code to allow its contents to be decoded at high speed.
In Japan QR codes are found on everything from business cards to fresh lettuce. Now they are coming to the West and advertising and promotion will never be the same again.
The appeal of QR codes is spreading, and we are doing our part to continue to the use of these powerful images in a variety of applications.
Although initially used for tracking parts in vehicle manufacturing, QR Codes are now used in a much broader context, including both commercial tracking applications and convenience-oriented applications aimed at mobile phone users. QR Codes storing addresses and URLs may appear in magazines, on signs, buses, business cards or just about any object that users might need information about. Users with a camera phone equipped with the correct reader software can scan the image of the QR Code causing the phone's browser to launch and redirect to the programmed URL. Users can also generate and print their own QR Code for others to scan and use by visiting one of several free QR Code generating sites.
So how do I use a QR code?
Here’s what you need
• A mobile phone with a camera and internet access
• A QR code reader installed on the phone Click here for a good resource to find the right QR reader for your phone.
There may not be a QR code reader for some models of mobile phones.
As mentioned, QR codes are gaining popularity in the
How do I generate a QR Code for my own use?
Now that you understand the premise of QR Codes, I’ll bet you’re hankering to try some out. Click here to use our QR Code Generator.
Now the rest is up to you. Here are some ideas for how QR codes can help you Market Smarter:
• Include them on your business card, allowing you to easily share your contact information
• Use on an event poster, leading to a web site containing more important details
• QR codes on product labels can lead users to complete product information
• Include in magazine or print ad. For minimal space, you can direct your “readers” to unlimited information on the web.
Get the right message to the right people at the right time...the first time
Using our integrated tools, let us help you develop personalized, measurable programs across print,email,web and interactive media
Maintain branding standards and print the high-quality marketing collateral you need...only when you need it
Give your associates, clients and channel partners online access to customize,order,and proof materials