How to Select the Perfect Promo Item
According to a 2016 study by the Advertising Specialty Institute, consumers are 2.5 times likely to have a positive opinion of promotional products over internet advertising. But with so many options to choose from, it can be overwhelming to pick which one is right for your business.
Here are some quick questions to ask yourself when selecting your next promotional product.
- Does it align with your business? Whether it’s a tumbler or a T-shirt, consider products that appeal to your target audience. Do you sell software? Check out our line of products for techies. Are you promoting an athletic event? Perhaps water bottles are the way to go. You don’t have to select something obvious, but you should think about which items will complement your brand.
- Does it have that wow factor? If you’re selecting giveaway items for a trade show, consider products that will be cool or clever enough to land on a shelf in their office, in their hands at an event or provide positive brand recall down the line.
Be forward-thinking about what is trending right now in the marketplace. For example, the selfie craze doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, so who wouldn’t love a pop socket to turn their mobile phone into a portable tripod.
- Is it going to last? – Obviously, price is always a factor. However, selecting the very least expensive item is often the easiest way to for it to land in the trash. While we do pride ourselves on providing high-quality products at a fair price, selecting items with a higher quality level will showcase your logo or message for a longer period of time. In other words, you really do get what you pay for.
- What is your goal? – Think of a promotional product as a 3D advertisement and consider its purpose. Are you trying to generate more awareness? Are you selecting a higher end give for your top-tier clients? Are you looking for a fun and exciting way to stand out from your competitors like a champ? Keep your goal in mind as you choose a promotional product.
- Do you still need help? – We’ve got ideas for days. Give us a call at 501-375-7311 or email us at [email protected] to speak with one of our creative marketing professionals. We love helping our customers market smarter. Heck, it’s even in our tag line.
RELATED POST: Tips for Placing Your Promo Item Order